Thursday 21 October 2010

One month on

Yesterday was four weeks on from my angioplasty, so I thought I'd do a quick summary of my status, remembering that prior to the operation I was EDSS 5.5, heading for 6, and giving up work.

  • My head is still clear and MS fatigue has gone. No longer take modafinil to get through the day.
  • I have started to return to work part time, gradually increasing my hours as my body gets used to the increased level of activity.
  • Walking without a stick. Can now manage 3.5 kilometres with rest stops
  • Walking speed near normal. I can now pretty well keep up with Robin.
  • Gait near normal. Described as looking like someone recovering from a strain or sprain or similar injury
  • Occasional visits from the MS hug, but of less severity and shorter duration than before. Also confined to lower ribcage, whereas previously would spread up ribs to lower neck, affecting swallowing.
  • Bladder stable. Tolteridone stopped. Can actually wait a few minutes before going to the loo when I get the urge.
  • Still taking carbamazepine for trigeminal neuralgia, dose as before, but timing no longer as critical. Taking my tablets a little late does not immediately trigger an attack. Cold on my neck still does though, scarves keep things under control. Constant level of background pain has gone.
  • Still taking citalopram for mood control. Not just depression, but all emotions on a fine trigger without it, eg get irritated and snappy at the slightest thing.
  • Sleeping erratically, insomnia getting to be an issue. Perhaps making up for all those days I slept for 18-20 hours.
  • Vivid dreams
  • Warm feet
I think this covers everything. A lot has changed since September 22nd! Let's hope it keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment