Thursday 23 September 2010

Monday 20th September

One hell of a birthday.

Up early and off to Luton Airport for our flight to Katowice. I didn't sleep well last night, nerves I guess.

We parked the car in the disabled slots, near the terminal and went to check in. By now we are familiar with the location of the travel assistance desk, where you pick up a wheelchair to get through the terminal and arrange help to get on the plane. I must confess to bursting into tears the first time we used their services, but now I know it is the only way I can make the flight.

Last onto the plane, via a special lift and avoiding any stairs, the flight was soon underway. I glanced out of the window to work out where we would be crossing the English coast, to see the recognisable shape of Tollesbury Fleet , the marina and the River Blackwater pass beneath us. It felt like Catabout was calling out to me.


So our two great adventues this year are linked again. Is this an omen? And if so, good or bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment