Sunday 26 September 2010

A day in the park.

Each day brings further improvements.

Today we went to Kew Gardens, where I was able to walk around and enjoy the autumn scenery, although with a few rest breaks along the way. A minor victory  included being able to tie my own shoelaces. Doesn't sound much, but a great deal to me.

Although my results have been dramatic enough, I don't want people to think of this operation as the cure for all things MS. If you are truly wheelchair bound, do not expect to get up and walk across the room. It has taken me back to how I was 2-3 years ago. A miracle to someone who hoped for a stop in progression, but the sick man has not picked up his bed and walked away just yet.

We have a long way to go in understanding what the hell is going on here, but I am grateful for the chance to be a lab rat. I will be taking part in the follow-up studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment